Header Ads

Header ADS

Present Participle as the post-modifier

**Present Participle as the post-modifier: (attributive use)
1. The student reading ‘The daily Star’ is brilliant.
 Present Participle: reading. And it modifies the noun student.
 
2. Do you know any of these men sitting behind us?
Present Participle: sitting. And it modifies the noun men.

** Now, you have to find out the present participle in the following sentences and explain which word it modifies in the sentence:
3. Do you know the man sitting in front of us?
4. The boy working in the library is a student of English department
5. The man teaching geography in this school is Karim’s father.
6. We saw him running.
7. I found the boy standing at the gate.
8. He saw something burning.
9. I saw Salma getting out of the car.
10. Did you see Kamal talking to the police?
11. I saw getting on a bus yesterday.
12. They Shelly getting out of a car.
13. We have seen Rana talking to his friend, Bashir.
14. They saw a boy running along the street.
15. We saw a boy climbing a mango tree in your garden.
16. I have seen Rahim going to school.
17. I saw beggar standing at the door.
18. He saw a cow grassing in the field.
19. I saw bus standing at the station.

20. I saw saw Karim hiring a rickshaw to go home. 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.