Header Ads

Header ADS

Adverb Clause of Condition

7. Adverb Clause of Condition:
There are three types of Conditional Clause:
a) Open or Probable Conditional or 1st Conditional Clause.
b)  Imaginary or 2nd Conditional Clause.
c)  Impossible or 3rd Conditional Clause.

a)  Open or Probable Conditional or 1st Conditional Clause.
এ ধরনের Subordinate Clause বর্তমানে বা ভবিষতে কোন ঘটনা ঘটার সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দেয়। যেমন
Formation:
1st /zero conditional clause- If + Subject + Verb (in the base form) + others
Principal /main Clause- Subject + Modal verb + bare infinitive + others. 
1. I’ll stay at home if it rains.
যদি বৃষ্টি হয় আমি বাড়ি থাকবো
‘If it rains’ is the 1st Conditional clause and ‘I’ll stay at home’ is the main clause.
1st Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া (ভবিষতে) সংঘটিত হওয়ার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘If it rains’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া 'will stay’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

** You can start the complex sentence with the conditional clause. In this case you have to push a comma after the conditional clause.
e.g    
If it rains, I’ll stay at home.

 2. I’ll give you an ice-cream if you find my money.
Or, if you find my money, I’ll give you an ice-cream.
তুমি যদি আমার টাকা খুঁজে পাও আমি তোমাকে একটা আইস-ক্রিম দিব।
‘if you find my money’ is the 1st Conditional clause and ‘I’ll give you an ice-cream’ is the main clause.
1st Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া (ভবিষতে) সংঘটিত হওয়ার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if you find my money’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘will give’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

3. He can get the train if he runs all the time.
Or, If he runs all the time, he can get the train.
সে ট্রেনটি পেতে পারে যদি সে সবটুকু সময় দৌড়ায়।
‘if he runs all the time’ is the 1st Conditional clause and ‘He can get the train’ is the main clause.
1st Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া সংঘটিত হওয়ার সম্ভবনার  শর্তের কথা বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if he runs all the time’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘can get’  এর modifier বলা হয়।

4. I’ll never talk to you if you don’t apologize.
Or, If you don’t apologize, I’ll never talk to you.
তুমি যদি ক্ষমা না চাও আমি তোমার সাথে কখনোই কথা বলবো না।
‘if you don’t apologize’ is the 1st Conditional clause and ‘I’ll never talk to you’ is the main clause.
1st Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া সংঘটিত হওয়ার সম্ভবনার শর্তের কথা বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if you don’t apologize’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া will never talk  এর modifier বলা হয়।

5. You’ll get enough time to study if you rise early in the morning.
Or, If you rise early in the morning, you’ll get enough time to study.
তুমি যদি ঘুম থেকে তাড়াতাড়ি উঠে যাও তবে অধ্যয়নের জন্য যথেষ্ট সময় পাবে।
‘if you rise early in the morning’ is the 1st Conditional clause and ‘You’ll get enough time to study’ is the main clause.
1st Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া সংঘটিত হওয়ার সম্ভবনার  শর্তের কথা বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if you rise early in the morning’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘will get’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

b)  Imaginary or 2nd Conditional Clause.
এ ধরনের Subordinate Clause অতীতকালের কোন ঘটনা ঘটার কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত সম্পর্কে বলে। যেমন
Formation:
2nd conditional clause- If + Subject + Verb (in the Past Tense) + others
Principal /main Clause- Subject + Modal verb + bare infinitive + others. 

1. You’d speak French fluently if you lived in France.
Or, If you lived in France, you’d speak French fluently.
তুমি যদি ফ্রান্সে বসবাস করতে তুমি অনর্গল ফরাসি বলতে পারতে।

‘if you lived in France’ is the 2nd  Conditional clause and ‘You’d speak French fluently’ is the main clause.
2nd Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া অতীতকালে সংঘটিত হওয়ার কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if you lived in France’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘would speak’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

2. I’d buy a latest model Land-over if I had enough money.
Or, If I had enough money, I’d buy a latest model Land-over.
আমি সর্বাধুনিক মডেল এর একটি Land-over ক্রয় করতাম যদি আমার যথেষ্ট টাকা থাকতো।  
‘if I had enough money’ is the 2nd  Conditional clause and ‘I’d buy a latest model Land-over’ is the main clause.
2nd Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া অতীতকালে সংঘটিত হওয়ার কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if I had enough money’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘would buy’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

3. You’d succeed in life if you worked hard.
Or, If you worked hard, you’d succeed in life.
‘If you worked hard’ is the 2nd Conditional clause and ‘You’d succeed in life’ is the main clause.
2nd Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া অতীতকালে সংঘটিত হওয়ার কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘If you worked hard’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘would succeed’ এর modifier বলা হয়।
4. You could tell me if you knew the fact.
Or, If you knew the fact, you could tell me.
‘if you knew the fact’ is the 2nd  Conditional clause and ‘you could tell me’ is the main clause.  
2nd Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া অতীতকালে সংঘটিত হওয়ার কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if you knew the fact’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘could tell’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

5. They’d win the match if they played seriously.
   Or, If they played seriously, they’d win the match.
‘if they played seriously’ is the 2nd  Conditional clause and ‘they’d win the match’ is the main clause.  
2nd Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া অতীতকালে সংঘটিত হওয়ার কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if they played seriously’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘would win’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

c)  Impossible or 3rd Conditional Clause.
এ ধরনের Subordinate Clause অতীতকালের অবাস্তব বা অসম্ভব কোন কাল্পনিক ঘটনা ঘটার সম্ভবনার শর্ত সম্পর্কে বলে। যেমন
Formation:
3rd conditional clause- If + Subject + Verb (Past perfect Tense) + others
Principal /main Clause- Subject + Modal verb + have/has + Verb in the past participle + others. 

1. My grand papa would have been 95 next month if he had been alive.
Or, If my grand papa had been alive, he’d have been 95 next month.
আমার দাদা/নানার বয়স পরের মাসে ৯৫ হতো যদি তিনি বেঁচে থাকতেন।

‘if he had been alive’ is the 3rd   Conditional clause and ‘My grand papa would have been 95 next month’ is the main clause.  
3rd Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া অতীতকালে সংঘটিত হওয়ার অবাস্তব কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if he had been alive’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘would have been’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

2. You’d have passed in the exam if you hadn’t made that mistake.
Or, If you hadn’t made that mistake, you’d have passed in the exam.   
‘if you hadn’t made that mistake’ is the 3rd   Conditional clause and ‘You’d have passed in the exam’ is the main clause.  
3rd Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া অতীতকালে সংঘটিত হওয়ার অবাস্তব কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if you hadn’t made that mistake’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘would have passed’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

3. I’d have contacted you if I’d had my mobile with me yesterday. ( I’d had = I had had)
Or, If I’d had my mobile with me yesterday, I’d have contacted you.
‘if I’d had my mobile with me yesterday’ is the 3rd   Conditional clause and ‘I’d have contacted you’ is the main clause.  
3rd Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া অতীতকালে সংঘটিত হওয়ার অবাস্তব কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if I’d had my mobile with me yesterday’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘would have contacted’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

4. What would you have done if you’d won a million dollar?

In this case, complex sentence can’t start with   the subordinate conditional clause because the main clause is in the interrogative form.
‘if you’d won a million dollar’ is the 3rd   Conditional clause and ‘What would you have done’ is the main clause.  
3rd Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া অতীতকালে সংঘটিত হওয়ার অবাস্তব কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if you’d won a million dollar’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘would -------have done’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

5. She might have got the job if she hadn’t missed the interview.
Or, If she hadn’t missed the interview, she might have got the job.
‘if she hadn’t missed the interview’ is the 3rd   Conditional clause and ‘She might have got the job’ is the main clause.  
3rd Conditional clause টি Main Clause এর ক্রিয়া অতীতকালে সংঘটিত হওয়ার অবাস্তব কাল্পনিক সম্ভবনার শর্ত বলে দিচ্ছে।
আবার ‘if she hadn’t missed the interview’ কে main clause এর ক্রিয়া ‘might have got’ এর modifier বলা হয়।

----------------------0---------------------

No comments

Powered by Blogger.